Premis’ expertise in the Commercial sector
Having completed 800 projects worth close to $220M, Premis has a long and illustrious “career” delivering fit-outs and refurbishments in the commercial sector.
Every commercial fit-out varies across style, budget and timing and we have certainly experienced many variations. Through these experiences we have developed some tips on making a start on your project and how to choose your contractor:
- Develop a brief detailing the type of space you are looking for and what it needs to include
- Be clear about when the fit-out needs to be completed and be sure to allow enough time
- As the client be clear about the most important element/s – is it budget, is it program, is it the design.
- Decide whether you need an external project manager to manage the process for you
- Select your contractor wisely – the old saying ‘you get what you pay for’ is very relevant here. Choose your contractor based on the following elements, not just price:
- History completing projects on time and to budget
- Reputation – look at references – how smooth was the process for the client
- Quality – what is their quality of work like
- Price – make sure the cost includes everything – unfortunately there are too many cases where the lowest price is selected and other important elements not taken into consideration, leading to a less than pleasant experience
- Relationships – how easy is the team to get on with – meet with the team before making your decision
One of our most recent commercial projects was for Cornford-Scott Lawyers at Toowong. Premis was engaged to complete a high-end office refurbishment, where an existing fit-out was demolished with the space then being divided into two separate tenancies – one that would be used by Cornford Scott and the other to be sublet.
The refurbishment comprised of high-quality architectural details and finishes, including perforated ceilings, acoustic wall tiling, high end carpeting, key feature lighting, bespoke joinery, and designer wallpaper.
The project had a tight time frame, and the building was fully operational throughout, with limited access via a small lift – deliveries were carefully scheduled due to inability to access the lift during working hours. Compliance issues around fire ratings and seismic requirements also needed to be addressed.
The final outcome was a new open plan, modern space and included a boardroom, meeting room, reception and waiting area, kitchen, and breakout space – this is what the client had to say:
John and his team at Premis managed the fit out of our new office at Toowong. We had a tight time frame which they carefully managed to ensure that the office was completed on time. John and his team were all very professional, responsive, and easy to deal with. We are delighted with the final result and are very happy to recommend Premis.
Angela Cornford-Scott TEP, Director, Cornford-Scott Lawyers Contact us to talk about your next project – Simone Miante, 0416072723 or 1300 773 647.