Brisbane City Council – Zillmere Library Refurbishment
Premis successfully completed a detailed refurbishment of Zillmere Library, a beloved community hub established in 1971, as part of Brisbane City Council’s Library Refurbishment program.
The vision for the refurbishment was inspired by valuable feedback from staff and patrons, aiming to create a modern and welcoming space that encourages learning, imagination, and connection.
The transformation included:
- A brand-new entrance with a custom steel arbour, shop front, and pathway, setting the stage for an inviting arrival experience.
- A vibrant children’s area designed to spark imagination and inspire young minds, complemented by a dedicated space for young adults to explore and learn.
- Upgraded public toilet facilities for enhanced convenience and visitor comfort.
- Improved seating arrangements providing a cozy study and reading experience, fostering engagement with literature and knowledge.
- Fresh carpet, modern furniture, and stunning feature lighting to breathe new life into the library’s interior.
- Enhanced external landscaping featuring intricate curved concrete for new garden beds, creating a welcoming and modern aesthetic.
- A comprehensive services upgrade, including mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, and security.
The project presented its fair share of challenges, including the need to keep the library operational during the refurbishment. However, upon discovering latent conditions, it became apparent that closing the library was the most efficient approach to meet the tight schedule and ensure the desired outcome. Additionally, the site’s tight logistics demanded meticulous planning and coordination.
Premis takes immense pride in delivering another successful library refurbishment for Brisbane City Council. The renewed space offers the local community a vibrant, modern setting to thrive, learn, and build strong bonds.